Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Moab Rim Ride 100



The Moab Rim Ride Race was another kick in the butt. 14 started and 11 finished the entire route. I was 3rd single speeder and 6th overall. Up until mile 40 or so I was in the front pack of 4. The pace was a bit too much for me to hold and I decided to tone it down or I would soon crack. Andrew Carney showed up while I was making my way through the Deal Breaker area of our ride and we rode together the remainder of the route until the pavement where he took off with his 1x9 gearing. 11 hours and 30 minutes for the 100 with 8500 feet of climbing on Moabs finest rocky terrain. We shaved off nearly 3 hours from last years time. Partly due to the sand areas were rideable in Poison Spider and less stops.

1 comment:

Carney said...

Great riding with you!

Those twinkies still don't sound good to me!