Friday, August 16, 2013

Imogene Run Training

The legs are still tired from the Colorado Trail Race but next on tap is the Imogene Pass Run Race that is on September 7th. I figured with as much hike-a-biking I did across Colorado on the CTR my legs will be ready for this 17 mile run. 10 miles up and 7 miles down from Imogene Pass that sits at an elevation of 13,114. Last Sunday I went up to Imogene Pass from Telluride and back down with my co-worker Nancy who is running the race as well. The 14 miles felt ok but the legs were sore from the downhill run. My wife Laura was going to race as well but pulled a calf muscle that will not heal fast enough for her to run the race. Bummer!

Another run from Telluride up to Imogene Pass is on tap with Shawn Gregory this Saturday who is running the race as well. He hates to run. LOL!!!!

Also, look for another CTR post coming soon.


Last Sunday atop Imogene with 2" of snow. Come on it's only August but it is Colorado.

No comments: