Sunday, August 2, 2009

Hermosa Creek Challenge

The Hermosa Creek Challenge was a beat down for sure. 39 miles and 5k of climbing. My time was 3 hours and 48 minutes. 5th in the single speed class I believe. Jon Bailey from Durango tore it up with a 3.19. It was a typical fast XC start and my legs didn't have the punch to hang with the leaders at the beginning. I settled down into my own enduro rhythm and rode my pace. I eventually caught up to some other single speeders in my class and at about mile 28 there were 4 of us bunched together. Cramping seemed to be the issue for the other three and and I was able to get in front of them on the Colorado Trail part of the race. The descent down into Corral Draw was a bit sketchy so I took my time and let some people pass. The room for error was about one inch. It seemed to never end. After the Corral Draw section we ended the race three miles up Hermosa at the North Trail head. I was happy to see the finish line



The finish line.

No comments: