Friday, October 21, 2011

Fall in Rico

This time of year in Rico can be amazing when the weather is right; and right it is. (Until the snow starts to fly consistently). We have the bluest skies around. I'm sure of it.

It's been a good week of 'recovery riding" after the Zuni 100 ride. I rode home from work once this week already and a mountain bike ride on our local stuff in Rico as well as a 6 mile run on Barlow Creek Road. Tonight (Friday) will be another ride home on the road bike to start the weekend off in correct fashion. Maybe some Phil's World or Boggy riding this weekend. The high country is out of commission with the last snow fall sticking up high from 3 weeks ago. The temps have been in 20's for the overnight lows and I even saw ice midday in the shade in Rico. Stay low. I might even finish up my wood splitting.


Rico riding.


Rico. Just right outside the house.


Barlow Lake in the background. Brought the lights in case I got carried away running too far.

Mr. Beaver in Barlow Lake doing his thing.

No comments: