Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Zuni 100 2011

Gallup, New Mexico

The Zuni 100 was as awesome as ever if not more so with an added 10 miles of track to make it a true 100 mile race. Perfect weather. It was loose, buffed in spots with lots of undulating terrain. 100 miles, 9,200 feet of climbing. It took me 10 hours and 45 minutes to finish this monster. I was 3rd overall and 2nd single speeder according to the results. Danny Powers missed a turn and was regulated for it in the end sending me up one spot. Bummer for him. I started falling apart a bit in the last 15 miles as I ran out of water and didn't feel like eating. It ranks in my top 3of any 100 mile mountain bike race. This was my 4th finish of the Z100 and to date I have the most finishes of anybody.

Laura rode as well riding the 50 mile course with some friends from Rico; Mike and Sue. A good time by all with a sweet after party to boot put on by the Gallup Trails 2010 people.

Other locals riding were Paul Adams from Kokopelli Bike and Board Racing Team and fellow Rico resident Dan Holmes. Unfortunately they both had a DNF but still finished with some great miles.




Finished!!! Time for a beer.

No comments: