Monday, November 18, 2013

New Fatty!



I recently sold my Salsa Mukluk and my Salsa Selma to build up a Kokopelli Bike Co ti fat bike. Rules of the house are if you buy you must sell as well. Awhile back I was getting carried away and had too many bikes (not that you can ever have too many) but Laura keeps me in check on getting too carried away. In the past few years it's been a revolving door with new bikes and selling bikes. It never ends! I think we may be good for awhile now. Ha! I'm down to just three bikes which is OK for now. Dean ti road bike. Kokopelli Bike Co ti 29er mtn bike and now the newest addition to the family; a Kokopelli Bike Co ti fat bike.

All new except pedals and Ergon grips that I had. 2x10 drivetrain. A very modest build but I wanted it sexy with all ti parts and black components. She turned out better than expected. Here is the run down:


  • Kokopelli Bike Co titanium frame (small) 
  • Kokopelli Bike Co titanium seat post, stem and handlebar
  • Carver carbon fork with carbon steer tube
  • SRAM X9 shifters
  • SRAM X9 rear derailleur
  • SRAM X7 front derailleur
  • SRAM X9 crankset
  • SRAM 10 speed cassette
  • Surly Rolling Daryl rims laced to Hope hubs
  • Shimano SLX brakes with ice tech rotors
  • Nate 4" tires 120 tpi setup tubeless
  • Sette Nyx saddle ti rails 
  • Eggbeater pedals
  • Salsa seat clamp
  • Cane Creek 40 headset
  • Hope skewers (on order)




















No comments: