Monday, December 13, 2010

Recovery Time

I needed some recovery time on the bike after being sick so I headed to Moab with my sidekick Nacho in tow for some fun and to meet TR. I didn't feel 100% but as the weekend progressed I felt better and better. Or that may have been all of the beer I drank? Laura opted to stay at home and hang out with the other dogs Lucy and Shady. Both Saturday and Sunday were sunny and cool but perfect riding weather. We were the only ones camped out anywhere near the Sovereign trails. I think the cold weather and chance of rain (20%) scared everyone off as for both days we saw less than 10 people out on the trails. It was like the twilight zone. The trails were all ours for the riding. Saturday was a good day with less miles than planned but after being sick I didn't want to push it too hard. We totaled 41 miles, 5.5 hours total time covering the Sovereign Trails, North on Copper Ridge Jeep Road to Baby Steps/Klondike loop, across the highway to Mill Creek Road and looped around Monitor and Merrimac and back on Cotter Mine Road to Willow Springs Road and back to camp. Sunday was a shorter ride with a loop on Sovereign before heading back into Moab to gather some groceries to bring back home to Rico. Bummer was when I got back that Laura wasn't feeling great and may be getting what I had the last two weeks.






Left the snow for some dry desert.




Nacho on the back bed snoozing while driving to Moab.



A perfect day to be on the bike.







Monitor/Merrimac area.




Nacho looking for some beer.





Van Nation.






On the Sovereign Trail.

No comments: