Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sickly

So, as soon as we get back from vacation I get sick. I did feel it a bit during the Thanksgiving break with a bit of a sore throat but nothing major to hold me down from getting out in the cold and riding everyday. Well as soon as we got back I was hit hard. After a couple days I succumbed to go tot the doctor which I never do. The diagnosis was: bronchitis, sinus infection, fluid behind my ear drums and a severely irritated throat (strep throat test was negative). It felt like I was swallowing glass. So I was forced to miss work for a full week. Bummer for sure. Now I'm on day 4 of antibiotics and feel better but the cold symptoms and ears still feel funny. I hope to feel better by the end of this coming week as I tentatively plan on going to ride the McDowell 60 on December 11th. If I go it will be a quick trip leaving after work on Friday and getting very little sleep before the race and returning on Sunday. Burn and turn!!!! LOL!!!

No comments: