Sunday, September 26, 2010

Near perfect fall weather called for a nice high country ride. Pedaled out of Rico North to Barlow Creek Road and up to Hermosa Peak on over to Section Point and up and over BlackHawk Pass and onto Scotch Creek and back home. A nice 34 mile ride with 4600 feet of climbing. Took me 4.5 hours to complete the ride. Met a guy from Albuquerque by the name of Todd Nugent at Hermosa Peak area and we rode for a bit together and I left him at Blackhawk as he was enjoying the views. His first time on the Blackhawk. We both knew mutual friends such as Lenny Goodell and Doug Da Goat. Small world at times. Also my first time to totally clean the climb up Barlow. I was running a 32x20 on the rigid rocket and I felt that effort trying to get up Blackhawk. Scotch Creek like usual was a red mud fest. Just rained for two days earlier in the week and it takes awhile for that to dry up.
Another side note. I ran my new Ergon BC2 pack and it felt great. The new design works out well all around. Nice job Ergon.





Hermosa Peak.





Hermosa Peak with some recent new snow.


Blackhawk.








Looking back to Blackhawk on my way down the CT to Scotch.



Always a self portrait of me.


Todd Nugent from Albuquerque climbing Section Point. I think the thin air was getting to him. LOL!!!



Lizard Head in the distance with Flat Top in the foreground.









At Section Point looking toward the Circe Trail which drops down into Rico.

No comments: