Sunday, September 5, 2010

Rico Run Enduro

The Rico Run Endurance ride yielded some strong riders as usual with some usual suspects. 7 started and 2 finished the total route. Doug Byerly rocked the entire course in 11 hours 51 minutes to take first and Danny Powers finished in 2nd place in a time of 13 hours 6 minutes. I wasn't going to ride the whole route and was being tempted once I started as I felt great rocking about on the rigid Vassago but a broken pedal at Celebration Lake put a stop to my efforts. I bailed down Barlow Creek Road which wasn't much fun not being able to clip in. So, I ended up with nearly 40 miles and a great ride anyways. After I finished I drove out to offer the other riders some morale support and cold drinks if wanted. Afterwards the two finishers and myself enjoyed some burgers and beer at the Enterprise Bar and grill. Nice job to everyone!


The hike-a-bike up to Blackhawk. In this photo is Steve Reiter, Robin Guillaume and Danny Powers. The sky was so perfectly blue.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what do you mean "hike a bike"?